CHCI-SHRM Scholar-Internship Program Job Desciption
For more information about the CHCI-SHRM Scholar-Intern program, please click here. Applications are due on Friday, January 22 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Visit apply.chci.org to complete your application.
Please note that all CHCI-SHRM Scholar Interns will complete the same work even if working at different organizations.
Human Resources Intern
SALARY: $15.00 per hour for undergraduate/$19.00 per hour for graduate
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Human Resources handles the central functions of the organization from employment, benefits, employee relations, orientation, HRIS, training, and performance management. We aim to provide a safe and productive work environment for our employees. The summer intern will assist the Human Resources Department in executing these functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may apply)
Interns will assist the Recruiting, Employee Relations and Benefits with a myriad of projects.
- Assist with the recruitment process of conducting background checks, scheduling interviews, and updates to the applicant tracking software
- Assist with new hire orientation process
- Assist with FLSA classification audits, job documentation, updating job descriptions to the appropriate website, and updates with benefits vendors
- Assist with training assessments, vendor negotiations and class set-up
- Exposure to various employment laws and corporate policies
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full-time at an accredited university majoring in Business, Human Resources or other closely related field.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; flexibility
- Strong professional communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to maintain confidential information is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, is a plus
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (in addition to the CHCI Scholarship eligibility requirements):
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be able to work the duration of Program (10 weeks) - June 13 - August 19
- Minimum 3.0 average
- Sophomore standing or higher (30 credits)
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Attending an Accredited Institution and working towards earning a bachelor's degree
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Ability to sit and work on a computer for most of the workday
Office cubicle, possibly a shared environment